libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:05:39 GMT 2001

> So in both cases, I can authenticate specify where to authenticate, the
> workgroup is just the default authenticator.  But I can still authenticate
> where I want, the way I want, just as in NT.

Right.  The assumption is that if your workgroup is, in fact, an NT
Domain then you will also authenticate to that NT Domain.  The case in
which you would authenticate against the DC of a different domain is
considered an exception.

In Mike's case, if I understand it correctly, his organization wants
everyone to authenticate against a single ntdomain, and then they set up
trust relationships to the other ntdomains.

Chris -)-----