Modification of ACL using NT breaks default ACL on Solaris

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Apr 27 21:27:22 GMT 2001

Olaf Fr±czyk wrote:

> On 2001.04.24 09:17:18 +0200 Johannes Tyve wrote:
> > I have a directory on my Solaris 2.6 fileserver that has default acl:s.
> > Se below.
> > (...)
> > As you se. The default ACL for user ronnie is removed. Bug?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Johannes
> >
> Hi,
>
> I have made a patch for posix_acls.c
> It is against source file form samba 2.2.0.
> It solves the above problem for me.
> Additionally, with this patch, when you remove all rights for everyone, or
> for group, then other users/groups are not affected. This was why I started
> to change the code ;)
> This patch also contains patch from John Trostel to make possible change
> permissions if your system has both ACL supported partitions and not (I
> have xfs and ext2).
> This is working for me fine. I can't tell that it doesn't break anything
> else, I'm not familiar with samba code.

This patch isn't correct I'm afraid.

I've just got access to and tested the Samba 2.2 CVS
code tree against a Solaris 2.8 directory with default
permissions and modifying an entry doesn't lose the
default entries it contains.

I'd appreciate it if people with CVS access and a
Solaris with ACL's test out the current ACL code so
I can confirm or deny the problem is fixed.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.