smbpasswd -ax error

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Tue Apr 24 16:05:06 GMT 2001

	According to the code that I am lookig at in smbpasswd.c a passwd
change should fail when both a and x options are set. I am using the
smbpasswd compiled from a CVS download this morning. Here is an example of
what happens:

# smbpasswd -a jam002
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Added user jam002.
# smbpasswd -ax jam002
Deleted user jam002.

Shouldn't smbpasswd fail in that instance because in the code there is the
following test:

 /*
         * Ensure add/delete user and either remote machine or join domain
are
         * not both set.
         */
        if((local_flags & (LOCAL_ADD_USER|LOCAL_DELETE_USER)) &&
((remote_machin
e != NULL) || joining_domain)) {
                usage();
        }

This is the proper behavior correct?

								Joe

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343