2.2.0-CVS : too many open files

John Trostel jtrostel at connex.com
Tue Apr 17 14:02:38 GMT 2001

Hi Michael (c:

So, I assume you got the acl stuff to work and you tested it independantly of
Samba with the "chacl" function?  The acl stuff (in XFS) doesn't use files so
the leak is not likely there. However..... the quota stuff, yes, XFS uses the
quota utilities from

They are NOT included in the XFS package from SGI and need to be downloaded
seperately (and then added in).  I wonder if this is where the file errors were
from (or maybe you just really had too many open files ;->)

For the quota tools, see

quota-3.01-pre3.tar.gz (oh.... now it's -pre4.tar.gz)
at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxquota/

--
John M. Trostel