Winbind nss module woes

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) matt_zinkevicius at hp.com
Fri Apr 6 01:54:50 GMT 2001

>> Any chance you can get more specific? Was it the FSTRING_LEN
>> constant? If so can we just change it to be the same as samba
>> (256)? We need to fix this very quickly and are stumped! Could
>> you expand on "merging issues"
>
>OK - changing the FSTRING_LEN should work, but when I did this in
>the SAMBA_TNG branch and started up winbind, it didn't even find
>the pdc for my test setup which looked like a serious bug in the
>SAMBA_TNG brach.

When I do "wbinfo -t" or "wbinfo -u" it just hangs there...
Hmm... so sounds like Jeremy was eluding to other problems as well
(please give some details). I thought a tdb version mismatch might
be a problem as well and updated it to the same as 2.2.0a3, but
didn't help any.

>I've been doing a lot of work in APPLIANCE_TNG and there may be
>some bug fixes that haven't been merged from the appliance branch
>to the samba branch.  Hence the merge issues.  )-:

Should I try the lastest cvs of APPLIANCE_TNG instead of the old
version 0.5? The latest cvs of luke's samba-tng doesn't even
compile winbind without errors :-(

>> BTW, when do you guys think winbind will be incorporated into
>> samba 2.2?
>
>I predicting 2.2.x where x > 1.  (-:

Slow poke ;-)

--Matt