Winbind nss module woes

Tim Potter tpot at linuxcare.com.au
Fri Apr 6 01:37:38 GMT 2001

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) writes:

> > A change was made recently to smbd that hasn't been made to
> > winbindd (it was a string length which affects the protocol
> > between libnss_winbind and the winbind daemon).
>
> > I think it should be a matter of changing a constant in winbind
> > and recompiling but there are some merging issues to worry
> > about...
>
> Any chance you can get more specific? Was it the FSTRING_LEN
> constant? If so can we just change it to be the same as samba
> (256)? We need to fix this very quickly and are stumped! Could
> you expand on "merging issues"

OK - changing the FSTRING_LEN should work, but when I did this in
the SAMBA_TNG branch and started up winbind, it didn't even find
the pdc for my test setup which looked like a serious bug in the
SAMBA_TNG brach.

I've been doing a lot of work in APPLIANCE_TNG and there may be
some bug fixes that haven't been merged from the appliance branch
to the samba branch.  Hence the merge issues.  )-:

> BTW, when do you guys think winbind will be incorporated into
> samba 2.2?

I predicting 2.2.x where x > 1.  (-:

Tim.