Samba on AIX

David Lee T.D.Lee at durham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 7 09:42:40 GMT 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 itsore08 at us.ibm.com wrote:

> Do you know of any other issues concerning running Samba on AIX? (Anyone?)

Samba 2.0.7 will be introducing utmp and utmpx support (for instance, so
that "who" and "last" can show Samba users).  Various folk have reported
system dependencies, particularly for the "X files" (utmpx, wtmpx).

One such report mentions that:
   "...AIX has the include files for utmpx, but doesn't actually implement
   it (as of AIX 4.2.1)".

I have no first-hand knowledge of AIX, but you might like to note this
report.  Indeed, perhaps you could check it and see whether you can devise
a check for this condition in the "configure" (or ideally, "configure.in")
file.

Grab the pre-release 1 ("pre2.0.7") version (but be aware of a few quirks
within the code "connection.c", for which patches have already been lodged
which will (I hope!) go into the second pre-release).

:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dcl0tdl            South Road            :