Samba in an HA environment

Johnson, Thomas Thomas.Johnson at scb.com
Fri Jun 2 16:46:41 GMT 2000

I have configured Samba into a MC/SG package successfully between two HP-UX
systems. Currently we have a primary node that is running samba and in the
event of failure on that host the package will fail-over to the secondary
host. The important thing to remember is you have to break the samba
software out of the filesytem and place it on it's own logical volumes,
putting these and the share filesystem space into a package. The netbios
name was then set to the package name with the package ip address.

-Tom-
thomas.johnson at scb.com