Seems BeOS has neither fcntl nor lockf

Allen Reese allen at driversoft.com
Mon Jan 3 18:51:00 GMT 2000

Sure...  They are quite sick of  me complaining that I can't add IPX
support.  Openldap had this problem with slapd, they have a stepping back
workaround.

they use, lockf(), or fcntl() then fall back to flock()...
It shouldn't be too hard to get lockf() working, Hey I remember where the
source to BeOS lockf is.  the source to libroot, has the source to lockf()
in it.  for some reason it isn't compiled on BeOS.  anyhow here's the path
to libroot source off a R4.5 cd:

/BeOS\ R4.5\ x86/_packages_/extras/optional/develop/libroot/

somewhere in there should be lockf.c  which contains it.  ;)

Allen Reese
Senior Software Engineer
Driversoft, Inc.
allen at driversoft.com
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread