smb.conf parameter -valid?

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Mon Jan 3 18:31:29 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am building a list of parameters that have ever been in versions of
Samba, showing what version parameters were introduced in and for how long
they were valid, etc ... This would seem to have obvious utility ... There
are about 260 between 2.0.5a and 2.0.6 ...

However, I have found something interesting in so doing: a parameter called

    "-valid"

What on earth is this parameter for?  It is certainly not in the man pages ...

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course