New param "source environment"?

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at wdr.com
Wed Jul 21 03:06:45 GMT 1999

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 03:30:26AM +0200, Rune Henssel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have actually had thoughts along the same lines, a parameter that causes samba to read and process the output (to stdout) from a program, along the same lines as a webserver that reeds data from a CGI script. I just not through considering how to implement it in to samba. My initial thoughts are to use a special version of the handle_include include parameter handler function, phew... ;-) but I don't know how easy it is to do.
>
> Thats my 10 cents.
>
>     Rune!
>     rune at lyngbyes.dk
> ---
> If among many truth you choose one and follow it blindly, it will become a falsehood and you a fanatic.

[...]

Should be easy, since each line read can be passed directly to putenv()
(well, there's probably to trailing backslash processing to implement to
allow multi-line values).

If the value of the 'source environment' parameter ends with a '|' then
instead of opening the given path the value should be popen()'ed with
Samba reading from the output pipe.

I'll investigate more tomorrow. If it's easy enough to implement I may
be able to submit a patch.

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-