Solution to my own problem (hacked together) use if looks good

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jan 22 14:31:42 GMT 1999

Tim Potter wrote:

> Speaking of interfaces and IPs, does anyone else think it would be a
> good idea to be able to associate IP addresses with specific netbios
> names?  I'm mucking around with a number of machines with dual
> ethernet/ATM interfaces and it would be nice to have samba available
> on both interfaces but be able to choose which interface to use.

You can do this without modifying the source. Use interfaces
and socket address to run multiple copie of nmbd on your
server. I know is has a little more overhead, but it might server
you well..

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )