2.0.2

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Mon Feb 8 04:18:54 GMT 1999

Kimmie Dicaire enscribed thusly:
> Yesterday morning I downloaded and installed Samba 2.0.1 hoping that would
> fix the smbmount with Linux 2.2.x problem.....and it seemed to do so.
> Last night I seen that 2.0.1 was being retracted due to another bug and it
> was recommended to use 2.0.2, so I downloaded it.  Problem #1 the version
> says its 2.0.1 Problem #2 the smbmount with Linux 2.2.x is back causing a
> reboot to clear.

	Which problem with smbmount?

	I just got back from the Network and Distributed Systems Security
symposium, so I'll take a look and see what's going on with smbmount and
double check that all of my patches are still intact.

	In the mean time...  Is this the PID registration bug (failure to
reconnect diconnected shares), the race condition, or the deadly embrace?

> Kimmie Dicaire                 Co-Owner/System Admin
> kdicaire at novaone.dynip.com     http://novaone.dynip.com/asdw
> K&R Information Technologies   http://novaone.dynip.com

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/