comments on LFS suport in samba-2

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Nov 26 00:37:03 GMT 1998

andrej wrote :

> So the main question is, which model will samba support? off64_t is marked
> as transitional, so "large off_t" is probably preferred. But note, that
> currently samba will blindly use *64 functions if it finds them.

Well I added the open64/fopen64/creat64/mmap64 functions
to lib/system.c for 2.0.0 beta2 and also the HEAD branch.

So currently, if these functions are available then
Samba will use them.

If you explcitily want Samba to use a compile-time
flag for large file support on your system I would
suggest adding something similar to what I added
to configure.in for AIX4.x. The change I added
causes AIX to define and use a 64 bit off_t. I would
imagine a similar addition will be needed for solaris
2.6 and above.

Jeremy.

case "$host_os" in

#
# AIX4.x is *so* broken. It doesn't even admit to having large
# files *at all* unless the -D_LARGE_FILE or -D_LARGE_FILE_API flags are set.
#
    *aix4*)
      CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -D_LARGE_FILES"
      ;;