patches for Reliant UNIX RE: comments on LFS suport in samba-2

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Thu Nov 26 17:25:09 GMT 1998

O.K., I added patches for our system. I still believe this is wrong - having
standard way to enable LFS and adding patches for every single system. (For
anybody not liking word "standard" - agreed upon by many OS vendors, so that
it becomes "de facto" standard in any case)

here are changes:

config.guess

  - added support for changed OS name (SINIX -> Reliant UNIX)

configure.in

  - check for LFS support and add needed flags. Use mixed (off64_t)
interfaces
  - check for ftello64() and fseeko64() added
  - stat family is mapped in <sys/stat.h> onto single xstat/xstat64
function. It is impossible
    to check for stat64/lstat64/fstat64 using standard AC_CHECK_FUNC If they
are not found,
    recheck once more explicitly
  - added <unistd.h> in some tests - needed (sigh) to enable LFS
  - check for statvfs64() was broken? (statfs64 was used instead statvfs64)

include/includes.h, lib/netmask.h

  - moved <unistd.h> at the top. Sigh ...

lib/system.c

  - added calls to ftello64() and fseeko64 if available

And this is unrelated to LFS

configure.in

  - check for strcasecmp; if unavailable, look for it in -lresolv. Note,
that -lnsl *must* be before
    -lresolv for name resoution to works properly, so it is impossible to
simply do
    AC_CHECK_LIB

It does not fix strcasecmp completely (on all versions) but at least enables
me to compile SAMBA on my two systems.

patch attached

thank you

/andrej