comments on LFS suport in samba-2

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Tue Nov 24 15:36:16 GMT 1998

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

>       selecting model we use
>       testing for getconf
>       if it exists - add the results to CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIBS
>
>    Can anybody make a quick check, if getconf is supported on LFS systems
> SAMBA currently runs on?
>    And if it returns meaningful values?

Neat stuff.  Under Solaris 2.6:

% getconf -a | egrep LFS
LFS64_CFLAGS:                   -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
LFS64_LDFLAGS:
LFS64_LIBS:
LFS64_LINTFLAGS:                -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
LFS_CFLAGS:                     -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
LFS_LDFLAGS:
LFS_LIBS:
LFS_LINTFLAGS:                  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

And I ask myself, is this worth sending to thousands of people
across the world...

Oh heck, why not.  My Obligatory Useful Comment will be that I'm
hoping to recreationally do a socket auth tool in the next couple
weeks.  I say recreationally because I better enjoy it, since someone
sharper will beat me to it if they want to :)

- edan