Samba 2.0 Beta1 released !

Tim Rice tim at trr.metro.NET
Tue Nov 17 21:24:29 GMT 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> [...]

Ah, so it's not that my patch is wrong, it's that it doesn't go far enough.
All my SVR4 machines are 4.2. I don't have access to any 4.0 or 4.1 machines.
The changes allow others to add their platform if they need something
other than int.

> It is very very bad, that some systems are too generous. Probably, I will
> end up with
>
>   mips-sni-sysv4)
>      check for correct type
>   ;;
If your compiler fails with the wrong type it will not be too dificult
to write a small test program that configure can run.

> I will think it over.
>

> > Maybe what we need in configure.in is
> >  *sysv4*) AC_CHECK_LIB(resolv, strcasecmp);;
>
> I am all for it. Any objection?

None here.

--
Tim Rice			Multitalents	(707) 887-1469 (voice)
tim at trr.metro.net