Further clitar and Win95, Win NT, etc ...

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Jun 20 14:10:52 GMT 1998

Hi,

Well I have tested things against Win 95 SR2 and Win NT 4.0 and I find that
Win 95 does not like changing the date on a folder via SMB. It returns a
DOSERR code that means unimplemented (according to BloodHound).

NT, however, is totally happy with the same sequence of operations as is
Samba.

I will be releasing the patches for this as soon as my machine that does
SSH to samba.anu.edu.au comes back on the air.  Changes are to clitar and
smb.h and smberr.c (the last two to document the new error response I have
found).

That should eliminate a problem report I have received about restoring to
Win 95.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...