Sidebar re autoconf

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 17 02:30:08 GMT 1998

Anand wrote:
> Okay, for onw I've simply made autoconf a different machine type.

that's an interesting approach! It certainly gives us a "minimal
change".

Eventually I'd like to see Samba being "fully autoconf" so that all
the machine stuff is thrown out and replaced by the traditional
autoconf "#if HAVE_XXX" stuff.

> Before I forget, I'm putting patches on
> <URL:ftp://ftp.progsoc.uts.edu.au/users/wildfire/samba/> and it is also
> available via http at the same location.

what I'd really like is to give you write access to CVS and I'll
create a BRANCH_AUTOCONF based on the current main branch. When the
autoconf stuff is working well I'll then merge it into the main branch
(that will be one heck of a merge!)

> Agree, as I've said most of what I've done simply try to decide what
> header files to pull in.

ok, that's a good start.

> > - quotas
>
> Completely forgot about this one, oopps.

it's a really nasty one. We really need someone who uses quotas to
come froward and be the "quotas guy" for Samba. Right now quotas are
badly broken in Samba but as noone in the Samba Team (that I know of)
uses quotas at all it isn't real easy for us to fix/maintain.

Cheers, Andrew

PS: Do you think we should use automake?