Netbios problem in a NT Domain

Abdoukhadre DIAGNE adiagne at synapsys-conseils.sn
Thu Jan 3 08:25:17 GMT 2002

Hi,
I configured a linux box runnig Redhat 7.1 with samba 2.2.2 to join a NT domain. I tested the smb.conf and all is all right. With smbclient i can view share where ever i want but i can't browse my linux box from the the WIDOWS Neighborhood  even if i see it and i always have this message "network path not found"; I must add that i configured it through DHCP and i have not physical access to the PDC at this moment. It have an infinite registration of the IP adress on the DHCP server.
What i think is that the problem is on the dhcp server because i even can't ping my linux box by the name.
If somebody has seen the same problem or if you have tips for investigating it will help.
Thanks.
Regards,
Abdoukhadre DIAGNE
Ingénieur Consultant