Netbios problem in a NT Domain

Mello, Luiz-Robertto MelloL at dtees.com
Thu Jan 3 10:06:30 GMT 2002

Are you using Winbind? I've had the path not found problem when joining a
domain with winbind. Deleting the machine from SAM and the sid file from
samba, and re-joining the domain fixed it for me. One way to see if this
will fix it for you is to check the secret with the PDC.
The fact that you can't ping your Linux box by the name doesn't sound like a
DHCP problem to me, that's wins since you are in a NT network. Check the
wins database to see if Linux is showing. If not check how the discovery is
being done by wins.