Collecting shares on server

BO PP netbopp at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 13:09:36 GMT 2001

Hello.

First of all, I'm very impressed by the performance samba 2.2.0 is giving to
our LAN.  I have configured samba to act as PDC for w2k-workstations and
w9x-machines.  My question is:

We have one shared folder on each computer named mp3.  We also have a shared
service named mp3 on the samba-server.  What I want to do (if possible) is
to mount the shared mp3-folder on each machine to the mp3-folder on the
server on logon.  This way we can save our mp3-files locally and browse on
the server, hopefully...

Can I make a kind of "Log-off"-script?  The case mentioned above can created
some unneccary halts when different computers are turned off.

One last question, does there excist any spefications for
system-requerements using samba as pdc?

Bjørn Ove Johnsen
Department for Informatics
University of Bergen