question about Samba in a windows network

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Mar 7 14:45:45 GMT 2001

Hi Pim,
HP-UX 11.0 ships with Samba; you can find it on your application CD set
called
"CIFS/9000 Server".  A copy of the HP installation and configuration guide
that
will step you thru this is in the docs directory once you run swinstall to
install the
product.  It will step you thru using a "samba_setup" script which will
configure your
smb.conf file appropriately for either DOMAIN, SERVER, USER, or SHARE mode
security, and
automatically join your HP-UX samba box to the NT Domain you are using for
validation.
Give this a try first.  In addition, if you want to use the LATEST samba
release, 2.0.7, which is much better with WIN2K clients, you can pull that
version for free off of the
http://software.hp.com web site, under the section named "Network & System
Administration".

Thanks,