Mac OS X

ctooley at amoa.org ctooley at amoa.org
Mon Jan 22 17:30:28 GMT 2001

Do you know if this is able to become a member of a Samba controlled domain?

Chris Tooley

"Robert Jonsson" <robert.jonsson at statsvet.su.se> on 01/22/2001 11:54:48 AM

 To:      Chris Tooley/AMOA at AMOA

 cc:

 Subject: Re: Mac OS X

>-------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW --------
>

>I'm in the position of having to integrate a Mac into an all Windows network.
>I'm tempted to ask them to hold off on the integration (and run standalone for
>couple monthes) until the release of OS X.  At that time I'd at least know
>something about the OS and how to use it.  What I'm wondering is if there is a
>release of Samba for OS X and if so how well is integrated into the system.
>
>I'm just feeling out the waters to see where it sets before I commit to where I
>want to take my stand on the Mac in the first place.

There is a port of Samba for OS X. I can't remember where I got it,
but it was on one of the large OSX-sites. I have it up and running
and it works fine. You should be able to find it with a quick search
on Google.

/R