NT4 Workstations failing to connect to the samba pdc FIX !

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Jan 21 06:52:47 GMT 2001

At 04:14 PM 19/1/2001 -0000, peterc wrote:
>Hi,
>	6) try to login and get the ERROR:

>      The system was unable to log you on as the account for the computer
>       The account names for my Client-Computers were too long!
>       I shortened them down to 5 letters and they worked. How Strange !

Peter, have you gone back and forwards to confirm this ? All my testing was
done with quite short names .... I don't have access to a testing setup at
the moment, just changed jobs and don't have anything set up yet.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083