Problems with profiles

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Fri Jan 19 18:17:41 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have finally found out why I got the errors I couldn't load a profile:
I didn't have a correct 'ntuser.dat' in the directory of the user in the profiles share.

Here's my next problem - and my last (I hope...):

With NT Policy Editor, I can set the path of the Desktop, Start Menu, etc.

These dirs are all set as subdirectories of %USERPROFILE%. However, my system is using some local directory! All other settings from the ntconfig.pol file are used properly.

Some other things that don't work, but don't cause any problems, are these: using the /HOME mapping doesn't work and the users' full name seems to be "<Full name>".

Maybe this is caused by some bug in my own MySQL module?

jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org>
Host: charis.vernstok, an i686 running Linux 2.2.12-20