Win2K and Samba

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Jan 5 01:03:32 GMT 2001

At 05:43 AM 1/4/01 -0500, Eric P. McCoy wrote:
>....I'm somewhat confused about what versions, exactly, will
>work.  The HOWTO rather clearly says that 2.2.0-alpha1 will not work, but
>it also rather clearly gives instructions on how to fetch just that

Well, I can understand your confusion. Actually, the FAQ says that the
2.2.0-alpha1 snapshot wont work. Thats a frozen picture of the cvs from a
month or so ago and available via ftp. If you get the cvs (using the
commands on the FAQ), you'll get the incrementally updated version, still
called alpha1, but its got all the additional stuff.

>......  I have tried 589,578 different
>domain names, all with an odd number of letters.

The rule about domain names is that it must bave an odd number of
characters. No other magic.

I've not got a working test setup at present, wont have for a couple of
weeks so I ca help you no more.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au