USING WIN NT SERVER WITH PROXY SERVER

Chris Odgers Chris.Odgers at sausage.com
Wed Jan 3 06:33:38 GMT 2001

I think the problem is the fact that in most environments, MS proxy
is set up to require NTLM authentication for the web side of things.
Obviously, in a standard unix environment this isn't going to work
too well, unless somebody wrote a meta-proxy which understood the
NTLM stuff and spoke basic authentication to the unix clients.

I can't comment on the socks proxy or winsock proxy parts, as I
haven't had much exposure to them.

Chris