Printers get paused on some print jobs

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Mon Feb 5 17:21:30 GMT 2001

Is this on a RedHat-System? RH 5.x? We have / had the same problems
there. They are not due to samba but because of the lpd RedHat ships.
This lpd sometimes doesn't like the talk with other lpd, like the one
in HP printers. It's not realy reproduceable. We changed the lpd
versions and it got a bit more stable. Currently we are using lpd-
0.46-1. Havn't done it my self, but I know people that sware on lprng
(www.lprng.org)

Christian