Joining a domain

Alfredo Ramos ralf at is.rice.edu
Mon Feb 5 18:18:21 GMT 2001

Greetings samba team! I have a question. Any help would be much
appreciated.

I want to be able to make a workstation (NT/2K) join a domain by using a
perl script.

My question is: What information and in what format does samba listen for
when accepting requests from workstations to join the domain?

Does it listen at port 139 and service netbios-ssn? Protocol tcp? If so.
What information does the workstation send to the samba server when it
requests to join the domain? Also how does samba respond? Is the string
"Welcome to Whatever" included in the response?

I've looked for this on NT books to no avail. I've also looked on the perl
archives to see if there's already something similar. No luck.

I would really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Best regards;

Al.

                                           | Alfredo Ramos
This space available for rent.             | New Media & Student Computing
Get your product moving. Advertise here!   | Rice University.