samba as PDC with ldap

Doug Douglass samba at denverdata.com
Thu Dec 13 14:57:06 GMT 2001

Carl,

can you see the sambaAccount entry for this Win2k machine in your directory?
Are the acctFlags set correctly ([M     ])? Are lmPassword and ntPassword
set?

I use Samba 2.2.1a with ldap support. As a habit I create the sambaAccount
entry in my directory before trying to join the machine to the domain and
have had no problems.

HTH,
Doug