Password expiration after joining Domain

Greg Goodrich ggoodrich at medinotes.com
Wed Dec 5 08:25:06 GMT 2001

Well, I'm not certain that everyone is having the problem, but I am, and a few
of my colleagues are as well.  I am running Win2K SP2, and I have tinkered
around with the local account policies on my machine, but my local policy is set
so that Minimum password and Maximum password age are both zero, which I believe
states no forced changes.  I'm certainly not 100% certain that samba is the
culprit in this case, but we switched from an NT4 domain to a samba domain, and
this wasn't happening on the NT4 domain.  I guess I just wish there was better
information on how all this stuff works, especially through samba.

--
Greg Goodrich
Senior Software Engineer
ggoodrich at medinotes.com