Samba, Win2000 and trust between samba

David Levitan david at dlevitan.com
Mon Apr 23 22:22:14 GMT 2001

An idea not using samba:
I assume that this is a redundant server. If the primary goes down, you
want the seconday to kick in. In this case, what about setting up a
heartbeat (and the rest of the redundancy stuff found  in the HOW-TOs)
to immediately transfer all ips, and the like to the backup server if
the primary goes down. If anything fails, you simply start samba up, and
everything works. Once the other machine goes back online, the process
reverses.

--
David Levitan
LIS