Samba, Win2000 and trust between samba

Patrick slu at firerun.net
Mon Apr 23 23:02:11 GMT 2001

You will need to have one machine setup as the authentication machine.  You will
also have to add a machine account for the other server.  Then for the other
machine you will need to have 'security = domain' and 'password server = <name
of server>' set in the smb.conf. then you will have to issue the command
'smbpasswd -j <Domain>' for the machine to join the domain.

Patrick