backup problem

Elliot Mackenzie s354199 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 13:35:59 GMT 2001

Just a hunch... NT services run as some kind of system user (not any
username you probably have setup in smbpasswd), and thus samba as rejecting
you as a non-authenticated user.  If this is the case, the solution is to
find out what user this is (dig into your samba logs and this should tell
you), and add it to smb.conf.

Hope this helps,
M.