samba-ntdom needed any more?

Stan Sander ssande at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 19 12:53:43 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:53:11 Craig Kelley wrote:
> >
> > Do we even need this list anymore?  If the ntdom stuff
> > has gone to the main branch, then there isn't really a
> >  need for an 'ntdom' discussion list, unless we want
> > specific traffic to come here.  (But I don't
> > see a samba-printing or samba-time list either)
> >
> > Just curious.
>
> I have been wondering about this as well for a few weeks.
> In fact, I thinking posting administration of stable Samba PDC
> on samba at samba.org would provide for less redundancy.
>
> I just checked on membership.  samba-ntdom has about 2,300
> members (~600 of these are digested).  Samba at samba.org has about
> 4,300 (~3000 are digested).
>
> What do people say?  Has this list provided it purposes and
> should be merged back in samba at samba.org?  I would personally
> love one less mailing list to read. :-)  And it has been a little
> less than one topic recently.
>
> You folks decide.
>
> Cheers, jerry
>    /\  Gerald (Jerry) Carter                     Professional Services
>  \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
>        http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
>        http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org
>
>        "...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
>                                 - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )

I would agree.  Now that NT domain code is included in the samba
releases, this list has probably served it's purpose.  Many of the
questions it seems relate to general samba issues anyway.  I vote to
merge it back in to the main list.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects      Sandia National Laboratories
(505) 284-4915                          Mail Stop 0662