samba-ntdom needed any more?

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Apr 19 05:12:03 GMT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:53:11 Craig Kelley wrote:

> Do we even need this list anymore?  If the ntdom stuff
> has gone to the main branch, then there isn't really a
>  need for an 'ntdom' discussion list, unless we want
> specific traffic to come here.  (But I don't
> see a samba-printing or samba-time list either)
>
> Just curious.

I have been wondering about this as well for a few weeks.
In fact, I thinking posting administration of stable Samba PDC
on samba at samba.org would provide for less redundancy.

I just checked on membership.  samba-ntdom has about 2,300
members (~600 of these are digested).  Samba at samba.org has about
4,300 (~3000 are digested).

What do people say?  Has this list provided it purposes and
should be merged back in samba at samba.org?  I would personally
love one less mailing list to read. :-)  And it has been a little
less than one topic recently.

You folks decide.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com