samba-ntdom needed any more?

Craig Kelley ink at inconnu.isu.edu
Thu Apr 19 16:10:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:53:11 Craig Kelley wrote:
> >
> > Do we even need this list anymore?  If the ntdom stuff
> > has gone to the main branch, then there isn't really a
> >  need for an 'ntdom' discussion list, unless we want
> > specific traffic to come here.  (But I don't
> > see a samba-printing or samba-time list either)
> >
> > Just curious.
>
> I have been wondering about this as well for a few weeks.
> In fact, I thinking posting administration of stable Samba PDC
> on samba at samba.org would provide for less redundancy.
>
> I just checked on membership.  samba-ntdom has about 2,300
> members (~600 of these are digested).  Samba at samba.org has about
> 4,300 (~3000 are digested).
>
> What do people say?  Has this list provided it purposes and
> should be merged back in samba at samba.org?  I would personally
> love one less mailing list to read. :-)  And it has been a little
> less than one topic recently.
>
> You folks decide.

How about renaming it to samba-testing instead?  It might step on the toes
of the development list, but it would also take out some of the redundant
posts over there.

Reading through the messages over the last couple of days shows the
confusion out there; many of them should have been posted to the general
samba list and not here.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai at isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink at inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block