Domain Printing Question

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Wed Sep 27 13:44:47 GMT 2000

Any printer you connect to a linux box directly needs an entry in the
printcap file. Any "local" (mapped woudl be the windows term) network
printers also do.

The best tool for this on Redhat is redhat's "printtool". Unfortunately
you need X to run this (unlike Mandrake's "printerdrake"), but if you
have a Redhat box with X on, you could probably set one up from there.

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za