Any Ideas?

Jeremy Winn Jwinn at krauto.com
Tue Sep 26 21:10:40 GMT 2000

I am having a problem joining my NT domain. I enter smbpasswd -j "NT Domain". Then I get an error message.

"Machine "Linux Box" is one of our addresses. Cannot add to ourselves. change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain "NT domain". Unable to join domain "NT domain" "

On my NT Machine I added my linux box as a trusted domain (even though it does not show in the list, I tried to add it again and I got a message machine account already exists for this domain)

Also on my NT machine in server manager for domains if I try to see the services of the "Samba Server/Windows NT Backup" Dr.Watson is activated and I get an application error (Exception access violation (0xc0000005), Address 0x7781f3d8. When I try to see the shared directories I get a RPC error. Also when I try to synchronize with the PDC I get a RPC error.

I am running samba 2.06. I would like to try out samba head for its BDC support but, I do not know where to download it or how to compile it. If someone could give me a few new Ideas I would certainly appreciate it.

I am glad that the bickering is over, or at least off this list. I did not know if my e-mail server or I could take much more :)))

JWinn