Incomplete domain user list

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Mon Sep 18 11:08:34 GMT 2000

Samba 2.0.7 works fine as a PDC for NT4 machines, and supports all the
basic functionality.

If you are getting a truncated user list, or if you user list misses
some entries from your smbpasswd file, just check that each entry inthe
smbpasswd file has a matching entry in your passwd file.

I had this problem when I changed a machines name and did not change
it's unix account to match.

Buchan

P.S. sorry Simo, you get this one twice, I was too hasty with the send

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za