Samba and Openssl - I can't compile it again!!!

mendes mendes at mgconecta.com.br
Fri Sep 1 15:07:53 GMT 2000

Hello
	I have been trying to compile samba with ssl support for over a week.
I tried soft links and whatever to get --with-sslinc to see the
/usr/include/openss but the samba refuses to find ssl.h

	I installed openssl-0.95a from official rpms.  There is no
/usr/local/ssl or similar.  The headers are located at /usr/include/openssl.

	Could someone give detailed instructions on how to compile samba with
ssl support?

	Thanks a lot.

Regards

Eduardo

PS. I received  the follwoing suggestion:

make a link in $ssldir/include/openssl calles openssl that points to
$ssldir/include/openssl (yes ;-) )

but I have to be honest - I couldn't follow it.  If I have
$ssldir/include/openssl, what is the point to link it to $ssldir/include/openssl
???