Samba/Explorer Problems

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Tue Nov 21 07:40:45 GMT 2000

Andrew Klaassen wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:48:46PM +0100,
> Ivan Iliev wrote:
>
> I have had something somewhat similar happen with NT and TNG.
> In my case it was the result of some odd problem with the local
> versions of the users' profiles.  I just deleted the local copy
> of the roaming profile (in c:\winnt\profiles\username) and
> everything would be fine again - until someone decided to "use
> local copy of profile" rather than downloading their profile
> when the NT login asked them what they wanted to do.

There doesn't by any chance happen to be a registry entry controlling
this "use locally stored profile" message, does there? A number of users
have large profiles, and sometimes end up with the message. User
education seldom helps !

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering           http://www.cae.co.za
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za