ideas for avoiding 'remote procedure call failed and did not execute' error

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Nov 19 22:57:55 GMT 2000

At 12:52 PM 19/11/2000 -0800, albert braun wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm posting this because it took me a long time to find the solution to
>my problem of making W2K professional and Samba 2.0.5 to talk to each
>other nicely. I kept getting a 'remote procedure call failed and did not
>execute' error even though I had set 'encrypt passwords' = 'Yes'.

Albert, thanks for you efforts but if you are going to use W2K then you
would be better looking at upgrading to a newer version of samba. 2.0.7
will share with W2K and the pre-release will let it join the domain (with
some issues...).

2.0.5 was around before W2K was thought of (by samba anyway).

david

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au