Win2k joined the domain - but I can't log on

Wimberly Eddie Contr WRALC/LYSFR Eddie.Wimberly at robins.af.mil
Fri Nov 17 21:38:35 GMT 2000

>At 07:02 PM 11/17/00 +0000, Wimberly Eddie Contr WRALC/LYSFR wrote:
>>I have experienced the same exact problem.
>>
>>I have tried several different options and none seem to resolve this
>>problem.
>>
>>Has anyone else seen this and fixed it?
>>
>>I am running the 2_2 branch downloaded Nov 16.  I can join the domain but
>>can't login using a username from smbpasswd.  I can login to the Win2k box
>>as local admin and browse to the samba box thru Network places.  It then
>>asks
>>for a username/password, which I can enter one from the smbpasswd file and
>>it
>>lets me in and I can then see the shares on the samba box.  But the goal
is
>>be able to login using these accounts.
>
>Well, I have been able to join a domain and logon and have my profiles
>used, etc. This was from Win2K professional to Samba 2.2.0, with a little
>patch.

I'm glad you have your configuration working.  I would have thought that the
'little patch' would be checked into CVS.
When did you download from cvs?  I downloaded yesterday.

If the patch is not in cvs, would you please post it and/or email it.

BTW, I am trying to login using Win2k server, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Eddie