wierd connectivity issues

Dave Woods kudos at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 3 23:02:14 GMT 2000

We recently upgraded one of our clients from FreeBSD 3.4 to 4.0 and now
we are having wierd connectivity issues. We have one share on the Unix
box that the NT server checks on a regualr basis for new files to
process but it seems aproxx every two hours it can not connect and the
software dies (As it is some crappy proprietary software) but once the
software is restarted it can check again. I instantly thought that this
is an issue with the software and then I realized that before the
upgrade it worked fine. DOes anyone have any ideas at all? anything is
appreciated as strangely enough my admin has convienintly dissappeared.

Woods