Samba FAQ

zbrown at linuxcare.com zbrown at linuxcare.com
Fri Nov 3 23:32:54 GMT 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 09:42:19PM -0500, Anders C . Thorsen wrote:

> <?xml version='1.0'?>
>
> <section
> 	number="1"
> 	id="general"
> 	title="General Samba questions"
> 	maintainer="Anders C. Thorsen"
> 	email="anders at aae.wisc.edu"
> 	rev="0"
> 	date="2000-10-19"
> 	lang="en"
> >

> Genereal questions related to samba and samba developement should go here.
> </section>

This looks good, but I have a couple suggestions. First, I'd get rid of the
"number" attribute. Let the compilation process take care of that. If you need
inter-section references, use another XML tag keyed to the "id" attribute. That
way it would be easy to reshuffle information, and all inter-section references
would automatically point to their proper locations.

Also, XML allows nesting of tags, so it should be easy to create a tree
structure, with something like

<section
   attributes

  <section
     attributes

  </section>

  <section
     attributes

  </section>

</section>

etc.

Hope this helps,
Zack

Zack Brown, Linuxcare, Inc.
tel: 1-415-354-4878x284, fax: 1-415-701-7457
zbrown at linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.