Login Troubles

James B Curry jbcurry at hline.localhealth.net
Thu Nov 2 19:24:59 GMT 2000

We've had quite a bout of this of late.  If you look back over the past
week or so, you'll see that 5 other people have expressed this same
problem.  We have not yet arrived at a solid answer.
The thread "wierd logon problems" has more details.

server has been denied" messages at logon.  This problem may or may not
go away after xx minutes.  This problem may go away after repeated
attempts at logging on.  This problem happens for both Win9x and WinNTWS
users.  For some sites, this problem always goes away immediately after
changing any user password in smbpasswd.
The following error message appears in the log files of users that have
attempted to log on and were denied access:
<log.anyuser>
[2000/11/01 08:45:07, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(537)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe
[2000/11/01 08:45:07, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(563)
  write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 6: ERRNO = Broken pipe
[2000/11/01 08:45:07, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(751)
  Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. Exiting

As you mentioned, no other services are affected when the problem is
occurring - those logged in already experience no problem with access to
the Samba shares, and all other server and network services appear to be
just fine.  This problem is specific to domain logons.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US FIGURE THIS PUPPY OUT???