Login Troubles

Greg Ryle GRyle at maf.org
Thu Nov 2 17:03:52 GMT 2000

I am running RedHat 6.2 with Samba 2.0.6 setup as a PDC doing domain logins.
Users are experiencing difficulties logging in first thing in the morning after
their machine has been shut down for the night.  If I change the Win98 machines
so that they don't log into a NT domain, then they go in normally and can access
the samba shares.  After they start accessing the shares, I can change the
properties back to logging into an NT domain and it will log in.

When the machines can't log in, the error I receive is that the password is not
correct or access has been denied to the server.

I tried redoing the passwords but that didn't work.

Any suggestions,

Greg