samba-tng-0.15.tar.gz

Jamie ffolliott jffolliott at home.com
Tue Mar 14 03:12:55 GMT 2000

Luke,

> thanks to elrond for spotting an issue where groups were not being
> returned in a login.  this is likely to fix some of the profile issues
> reported, plus an nt login of administrator will allow the expected
> privileges (right to shut down the box, etc).

yes, administrator privileges do work now ;)

which profile issues do you mean?

I tested tng 0.15 tonight and get the same behaviour (more detailed in my
email - subject - roaming profiles in tng-alpha0.14)

user1 logs in, then logs out (profiles and netlogon shares left open).
user2 logs in (slow network connection detected), and all his shares are
opened on the same PID as user1 used, except netlogon and profiles are still
opened for user1 and the other shares are opened as user2.  I believe this
will cause problems down the road with multiple workstations and roaming
users (eg. roaming profile can not be accessed by user2, so a new default
profile is generated and all of user2's data in his profile is lost).

Jamie